Cruising on a giant cruise ship is an experience that does not appeal to ALL travelers, but which I still believe every traveler SHOULD TRYY at least once in life!
Coming myself from the entertainment industry, I’ve always been fascinated by the micro-cosmos of cruise ships, the shows, the night-parties and their overall impressive size!!
If you’re thinking to join your first cruise ship, probably one of the first questions that will come to your mind is:
“What is included in the cruise price and what’s to pay separately on board?”
In this article, I will give you an idea about what’s included and what not by taking as an example the Royal Caribbean Cruise Ships, which I had the luck of personally trying once and I absolutely admired!
I have put together this list of the most common questions to help first timers planning their cruise vacation from the start 🙂 Hope it will help you!
Let’s dive right in! 😀
1. What is included in a Royal Caribbean Cruise?
The price of your Royal Caribbean cruise vacation includes:
- Ship accommodations
- Ocean transportation
- Most meals onboard
- Some beverages onboard
- Most entertainment onboard
2. What’s not included in a Royal Caribbean Cruise?
The following services are not included in Royal Caribbean Cruise:
- Dining in Specialty Restaurants such as Chops Grille, 150 Central Park, and Izumi
- Dining in Johnny Rockets (Where applicable)
- Spa and Salon services
- Gambling (Including Bingo)
- Art Auction
- Any purchases made in the gift shops onboard
- Shore excursions
- Video Arcade
- Medical Services
- Internet Access
- Transfers (Unless guest has purchased our air/sea package)
- Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
- Ship to Shore Telephone calls
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages (excluding water, lemonade and iced tea)
3. Is the Royal Caribbean Drink Package worth it?
Royal Caribbean offers some all-inclusive drink packages which could be of use to you if you plan to binge ;D
First thing, you need to know that if you want to purchase a Royal Caribbean drink package, you’ll be better off purchasing it with your travel agent BEFORE boarding your ship.
You will save money pre-purchasing all extras before getting on your cruise.
IS THE ALL INCLUSIVE DRINK PACKAGE WORTH IT?
There are packages for all-inclusive premium alcohol (which cost around 85$/day), to refresh-beverages and water-only options too!
If you drink alcohol and want that all-inclusive feel on your cruise, then yes, I believe that the Royal Caribbean drink package might be a good fit for you.
After all, prices for cocktails on cruise ships are generally expensive and by spending 24h on ships at times and indulging a bit too much, you might end up paying much more than the package is worth! 😉
Remember though, that every guest in your room must have the drink package.
Royal Caribbean of course does this so one person can’t buy the drink package and just hand drinks over to everyone else for the entire cruise.
4. What food is included on a Royal Caribbean Cruise?
Dining options vary from ship to ship, but here’s an idea of what you’ll find:
- Enjoy a warm, full meal for breakfast and multi-course feast for dinner in the Main Dining Room (included)
- Options abound in the Windjammer Café – perfect for a quick lunch or a casual meal. (included)
MEALS WITH EXTRA COST
- Royal Caribbeans Specialty Restaurants – like Chops Grille – offer amazing food in a restaurant atmosphere, but these come with an extra cost. You can purchase a specialty dining package before your cruise vacation to save the most on these restaurants.
- If you’ve got a sweet tooth, grab a scoop at Ben & Jerry’s or a creamy shake at Johnny Rockets. These also comes at an extra cost per person.
Meals from many onboard venues, such as the Main Dining Room and Windjammer Café, are included in the price of your cruise.
Reservations are only required for dinner. There is a service charge per person to dine at Chops Grille and Johnny Rockets.
And here we come at the end of this article!
In this brief post, I hope to have cleared for you what’s normally included and not-included in a cruise with the Royal Caribbean company.
My final tip, before saying goodbye, is to always check all the details of your cruise reservation at the time of purchasing, no matter which company you’re traveling with.
Usually, at the time of purchase you can get the best deals for auxiliary services and save money, instead of having to buy addons while already on the cruise!
What do you think about info in this post? Was the read useful to you? Do you have any more tips that you would like to leave for future readers?
Let us know in the comments below! 😀
Hereafter I will leave you also a few articles that you might be also interested to check out:
- 7 World-Class Museums You Never Heard Of
- Destinations of the World: Discover More Cool Destinations!
- Travel Italy: All you Need to Discover the Bel Paese!
- The 15 Best Apps for Smart Traveling
Thank you for reading, and see you in the next article!
It has been almost 15 years since I discovered how much I LOVE traveling around our gorgeous planet Earth: I love it so much that I also decided to make my mission to work while traveling full-time! During the years, I've been traveling in all kinds of ways (by plane,...
Are you traveling to the US for the first time and you will need mobile data on your trip? Or perhaps you're simply looking for an easier and cheaper way to connect to the internet while in the States? Using an E-sim is in our opinion the best choice for short stays...
"Taking a Safari Tour in Dubai is not only about animals, but also about re-connecting with your human lust for surprises!" The arid expanse of the Arabian Desert, just outside of Dubai City, conceals a treasure trove of adventure, known as the Desert Safari. Today,...
"The Dhow Cruise is a Luxurious dinner between the flashes and lights of the Dubai Skyscrapers" Dubai, is a city known for its opulence and grandeur, offering a plethora of experiences and extravagant attractions that redefine the concepts of luxury and reality: it's...